Saturday, February 2, 2008

Technology K W L


I used to think I was pretty techno savy until I read the syllabus for this class. Blogs, wikis, podcasts, etc???? When I was little I remember playing games on the computers in the library at school. As I got older I used them more for word processing. I still remember staying after school to type up papers my junior year of high school because I didn't have one in my home yet. That was the first year I can recall assignments having to be typed and not handwritten. Now everything has to be typed. In college is where I really learned how to use programs like PowerPoint, Publisher, and FrontPage. I feel like that is where my eyes were really opened to what was going on in the technological world. Since leaving college I have tried to stay up-to-date but it is hard to do when new technologies are created everyday. I have a class webpage that I use to update parents, post big projects, display student work, and link resources my students may find helpful. Click here to view my webpage. My students use Publisher to create newsletters that correlate with novels being read in class and Social Studies projects. I have been trained to use Inspiration but haven't used it in my classroom yet. My students have also created PowerPoint presentations for animal reports. I can take and upload digital pictures. Right now my students are finishing up a book they wrote about The Cherokee People. They used hyperlinks from my page, Microsoft Word, and scanned illustrations to put the book together. I am looking forward to learning about all of the technology that I'm lagging behind in and implementing some of it in my classroom.

No comments: