Monday, February 11, 2008

Web Cam and Springdoo

Well I have successfully recorded a video from my web cam. Last Monday night in class I had problems getting the camera to work but was able to record audio through my microphone. When I started attempting to download the software for my web cam on Wednesday I had exactly the opposite problem. At home the camera worked but not the microphone. I tried a few times after that plugging it into every hole I could find. Nothing worked. On Sunday night I got really frustrated and thought that maybe I had a problem with my computer. Today I brought all of my equipment with me to school. While my kids were busy doing morning work I popped in the installation disk for the web cam. All it took was a couple of clicks every few minutes and I was on my way to internet communication land. While my students were in PE I attempted to make my video, guess what-----you guessed it, the microphone didn't work. Finally I just started playing around with some of the audio settings within the webcam software. That is where I made my break through. I was able to record a video while my students were in music and successfully send it to myself using Springdoo (which I had signed up for earlier last week and was very simple). After that I recorded my class singing a song and planned on e-mailing that to all of you. The file is too big so I've posted it here from my website. I hope you enjoy. Now that I have everything figured out I'm trilled to have this new knowledge but I feel like I have traveled down a long, bumpy road to get here. http://www.catawba.k12.nc.us/SchoolPages/Murray/drum/

No comments: