Sunday, March 2, 2008

Snap Fish vs. Photobucket

This weekend I have tried two different photo sharing sites, Photo Bucket and Snap Fish. When trying to decide on the best site, I decided to do a Google search and take a look at what was out there. I had used Snap Fish before and actually already had an account from a friend who shared her album with me. While browsing through the other sites, I came upon Photo Bucket and it looked interesting. After creating an account, which was extremely easy, I quickly uploaded my photos from my computer. The only thing I didn't particularly care for were the pop-up adds. Using Photobucket I was able to upload my photos, create a slide show, make a remix including music and captions, create my own avatar, e-mail my photos, and post my album to blogger.com and myspace.com. I was very impressed with this. Snap Fish was also user friendly. I was able to upload my photos from a bulk file but the wait time was a lot longer than Photobucket. Also using Snap Fish I was able to view a slideshow but the option for a colorful background was not there. The only way I have found so far to share your photos using Snap Fish is to e-mail them or copy and paste the URL address. Overall I think I like Photo Bucket the best because of the numerous options for sharing and creating projects with my photos. Check out my album and www.snapfish.com by clicking here.

No comments: