Monday, March 3, 2008

Webquest

I explored through all of the webquest sites hyperlinked to the syllabus and decided that I did not like any of them. I felt like they limited what I wanted to do and were visually unappealing. I decided to use Microsoft FrontPage to create my webquest, which is hosted by Catawba County Schools, by simply designing new pages. It was much easier for me to start from a blank slate because I can add my own background colors and images. I created one on Animal Diaries. Click here to view it.

I created this webquest because this project is one of the very few that all of our 4th grade teaches use. I wanted to design something that would be available to my colleagues and myself in the future. I was planning on using this next year but since I now know that I'm changing grade levels, I won't be able to try it out. One of my colleagues is interested in using it next year though and is excited to have it all completed. She is not very techno savy and is rather sad to see me go so this will assist her some next year in continuing to use technology in the classroom. I think creating a webquest makes things easier on the teacher and student. Everything is laid out in a neat easy to follow pattern. I think that really helps students. The different sections help to break down the jobs and keep the students on track. I look forward to creating more webquests for my students next year. I think including a Voki or podcast would be helpful to my Kindergarteners since they will not be able to read the directions.

No comments: