Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Movie Maker

I absolutely loved this project!!!!
During class I took pictures with my digital camera and uploaded them to my computer. After that it was very simple to click and drag them into my working space in Movie Maker. Once all of my pictures were ready, I used my microphone and the sound recording program found in the accessories menu to record my voice reading the text. I also used http://www.findsounds.com/ to search for sounds of laughter, animals, etc. for my movie. Once I had everything in place, sadly my lab computer froze up and I lost my movie. When I left class that night I was upset but determined to recreate my movie. That same night I used the sounds I had found and my pictures to recreate the movie. The most time consuming part after everything was saved was uploading such a large file onto the internet. I really enjoyed using Movie Maker in this way. I don't think I would use it with my children to create a movie. There is just too big of a risk of losing everything when working in the program. The entire project should have taken me about 2 hours to complete. I just don't have that kind of time in my classroom especially this time of the year with all of the emphasis on the EOGs. I will definitely use this program again in my own time at home. This summer I plan to use it to record books for my little kindergarteners since I'm changing gradelevels next year. YEAH!!! I really liked the examples that Dr. Koppenhaver showed us in class. I think that by using pictures, sound, and my voice to record a book that even reluctant readers will be motivated to listen.
Click here to view Bubba the Cowboy Prince in Movie Maker.

Implementation
I showed my students my movie and they loved it. Celeste also showed it to her students and she said they were really impressed with my accent and the sound effects. I'm going to create more this summer for my younger students next year.

No comments: