Monday, April 21, 2008

Record by phone with Gabcast.com

Record by phone with Gabcast.com
Today I created my very first podcast using Gabcast. It was so easy and took only a couple of minutes. I created an account and used my cell phone to call the toll free number. From there I just followed the directions and spoke into my phone. I recorded myself reading Five Little Pumpkins. The only thing I don't like is my "beat" I sounded out when signaling the students to turn the page. I'm going to have to find a bell or something.
My principal and hopefully our PTO are going to help me and some other teachers who are interested purchase some inexpensive MP3 players. With those, we can record our podcast and down them onto the MP3 player so that the students can listen to books on the Mp3 player. What a cool idea! Apart from the initial cost of the MP3 players this will an inexpensive way to help reluctant and beginning readers read. I'm pumped!

No comments: